At YOW!, we are committed to supporting diversity in speakers, conference participants, and the wider technology community regardless of race, employment status, religion, location, sexual orientation, ethnicity, gender, ability, and age.
To increase diversity at YOW! 2017 Conference, we are offering a limited number of Diversity Scholarships to people who wouldn’t otherwise be able to attend.
If you are a member of a group underrepresented within the tech community or at technical conferences in Australia we would encourage you to apply.
How to apply?
To apply for a Diversity Scholarship for YOW! 2017 Conference, simply complete this form. A limited number of scholarships are available.
How are recipients selected?
Any information you provide will be kept in the strictest confidence, and used only to help award scholarships. Preference will be given to those who would otherwise be unable to attend YOW! events.
Scholarship recipients attend the event like other event attendees and will not be identified publicly as a diversity scholarship recipient.
The nominations deadline for YOW! 2017 Conference is Friday 3 November 2017. We will be in touch with a decision within two weeks of the deadline.
- Must be 18 years old or over to apply.
- Must agree to follow our Code of Conduct.
- Be a member of a group underrepresented within the tech community.
- Must be able to attend the conference for which you are applying.
- If employed, your employer will not cover the cost of your conference attendance.
- These scholarships are only available to attend YOW! 2017 Conference.
- A limited number of scholarships are available.
- These tickets cannot be sold and are non-transferable.
- Applicants may not be awarded more than one scholarship per calendar year.
- Scholarships only awarded for Australian conferences.
- Available to Australian citizens and residents currently living in Australia.
YOW! Scholarship includes domestic flights return, 3 nights accommodation and a ticket to the conference.
Your organisation would like to become a Scholarship Sponsor? email us at firstname.lastname@example.org