At YOW!, we are committed to supporting diversity in speakers, conference participants, and the wider technology community regardless of race, employment status, religion, location, sexual orientation, ethnicity, gender, ability, and age.
To increase diversity at YOW! developer events we are offering scholarships to people from underrepresented groups in tech who wouldn’t otherwise be able to attend. This year we are offering scholarships for YOW! Data, YOW! Lambda Jam, and YOW! 2019 Conferences in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne.
If you are a member of a group underrepresented within the tech community or at technical conferences in Australia we encourage you to apply.
Your organisation would like to become a Scholarship Sponsor? email us at [email protected]
How are recipients selected?
Any information you provide will be kept in the strictest confidence, and used only to help award scholarships. Preference will be given to applicants established in their tech careers and who would otherwise be unable to attend YOW! events.
Students: Students are encouraged to become a YOW! volunteer, which provides free access to YOW! events in exchange for helping out on the day.
Scholarship recipients attend the event like other event attendees and will not be identified publicly as a diversity scholarship recipient.
- Must be 18 years old or over to apply.
- Must agree to follow our Code of Conduct.
- Be a member of a group underrepresented within the tech community.
- Must be able to attend the conference for which you are applying.
- If employed, your employer will not cover the cost of your conference attendance.
- Scholarships are only available to attend the relevant conference that you’ve applied for.
- A limited number of scholarships are available.
- These tickets cannot be sold and are non-transferable.
- Applicants may not be awarded more than one scholarship per calendar year.
- Scholarships only awarded for the Australian conferences listed below.
- Available to Australian citizens and residents currently living in Australia.
YOW! Scholarships include free admission to the designated conference. When appropriate, scholarships may also include domestic flights return and 1 to 3 nights accommodation (depending of the length of the event).
2019 Nomination deadlines:
- YOW! Data – 22 March, 2019
- YOW! Lambda Jam – 29 March, 2019
- YOW! Perth – 2 August, 2019
- YOW! Sydney/Brisbane/Melbourne – 1 November, 2019
We will be in touch with a decision shortly after the deadline.